YEAR: April 2016
PUBLISHER: SAE International & ABOUT Publishing
ORDER NO: JP-ABOUT-001
The introduction of 48-volt technology enables traditionally parasitic applications that run off the engine to be replaced with electrically driven systems, resulting in improvements in performance and efficiency.
In the first of a series of reports produced jointly by ABOUT Automotive and SAE International, this comprehensive Executive Report analyses major engineering challenges facing the industry, and the solution strategies key players are beginning to adopt. The report includes:
- a comprehensive history of automotive power supply systems, charting the development of electrical systems, via the promise of 42-volts to the eventual switch to 48-volt technology.
- the transition from 12-volt/48-volt architecture to 48-volt technology.
- 48-volt standards (LV148), regulations and geographic trends, and includes an assessment of diverse global markets.
- how 48-volt electrification will enable vehicle efficiency.
- an authoritative assessment of 48-volt mild hybrid applications and developments, including coverage of the turbocharger, electric supercharger, enhanced stop-start application, energy recovery/boost system, electrified rear axle, active suspension, transmission and HVAC module sectors.
- 48-volt battery and super capacitor developments.
- the major factors that are delaying 48-volt roll out.
- profiles the 48-volt market leaders and their 48-volt projects, to include coverage of JAC/Ricardo, Bosch, Audi, Hyundai, Valeo, Continental Corporation, Controlled Power Technologies (CPT) and Aeristech.